The Runaway Altar. Disrupted Wedding Arrangements in the Covid-19 Era
The Silver Lining
- A personalized wedding website. This adds charm and a touch of class for your special occasion.
- Wedding planning apps. Because manual checklists are a thing of the past. Planning a wedding can be huge work, so keep every element organized digitally!
- Virtual appointments and AR Gown fitting. So many users are purchasing their clothing online, and the same is true for weddings! With AR tech, you can even upload your measurements and images to get that perfect fit. Digital tech can bring more empowerment and choice to any would-be bride, offering personalized services, price, and stocking more designer brands than any traditional showroom.
- Point-of-sales accessibility is becoming scarce as social distancing becomes more prevalent. Business owners should consider more innovative approaches to digitizing aspects of their operations where possible. E-Commerce bridal services are not entirely uncommon in this day and have also been found to be more widely accepted than ever before.
- With audience targeting functions, business owners can also expand the scope of their customers beyond what is available in their first-party data. For example, creating lookalike audiences can assist in further ad targeting on both search engines and social media. With more consumer spending patterns shifting to online solutions, the wedding industry can embrace this change and create all-inclusive campaigns to tap into the digital markets.
- Curated appliance and furniture list. So many home appliance/ furniture resellers are providing personalized digital lists for wedding registries. It has never been easier for a couple to tick-off all their appliance/furniture needs for their new dream home. Websites such as The Knot, Zola, and Wedding Wire even offer highly personalized registries for free!